Youth – Community Starts With You is a youth curriculum series created by Vineyard Youth USA.
From Vineyard Youth USA: Studies indicate that community and relationships are key facets that connect adolescent students to a youth ministry context, as well as lasting church engagement. The call of the church has been and always will be to create a community and family of God – and expression of God’s love. In this curriculum we want to take the opportunity to discuss some of the realties, difficulties, and hurdles to experiencing community and relationship during this phase of life. The goal of this study is to understand the role of community as well as the barriers that often keep us from “belonging.”
Visit Vineyard Youth USA and get to know us!
Author: Nick Sybouts
Nick serves as Vineyard’s Middle School Pastor. He and his wife, Annah, have been married for 9 years and have a 4 year old son, Kairon, and will be soon welcoming their sweet little girl! Nick graduated from Family of Faith Christian University with a Bachelor of Arts in Church Ministry and from Fuller Theological Seminary with a Masters of Theology. Having spent over 15 years in various roles of youth ministry, Nick has a passion for students and seeing them reach their God-given destiny. During his free time, Nick is a die-hard sports fan, an avid reader, Netflix binge-watcher, and a “hack” golfer.
Each lesson will include:
- Experiential, hands-on activities that reflect a variety of learning styles.
- Large group questions to frame a conversation (I.E., not a lecture).
- Application suggestions to live and reveal the kingdom of God.
- Small group questions with age- and gender-specific items.
- Chances for you as the leader to tune into what God is doing in you and your students’ lives.
- Space for students to hear from God for themselves.